Sunday, December 29, 2013

Surely You Have a Blog

Are you a journalist?

Often asked of me because it seems I have a lot to say and because some of what I say finds it's way into newspapers and because some of the folks I really like are journalist or journalistic technical support.

I write and speak though in a very tortured and tortuous style that will give those who subscribe to the little book used in English 101 a stroke.  My thought process cannot stand to stay on one track.  My mother described me as having a one track mind.  My siblings called me retarded.  I am told I did not talk until I was four.  It seems to me that I did.  My siblings, my parents and the entire family and known community loved me to the point that I really never would have needed to talk.  But yes they used the R word and I was taken to special doctors.  I go down rabbit trails and am sure my mind runs on at least seven tracks.  They are extremely small gauge tracks though and I revisit them like one of those model railroad setups on four by eight sheet of plywood.  There are train wrecks on this railroad.

So I expect we will eventually get to all parts of this RR.  Right now we will skip exploring what got me talking and a period of fifty five plus years.  Fifty four of those years were spent in Texas.  Most of them as a Southern Baptist.  That means a lot of down home southern cooking enjoyed with other people.  It also though means a variety of international foods but mainly Mexican, Spanish, Basque, Chinese, Tex-Mex, Vietnamese and Indian.  The main topics planned for now will be Smoked Brisket in Chicago and Tacos in Chicago.

All Aboard!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment