Monday, August 18, 2014

Brisket from Honky Tonk

The trip?  Well this is where this leg of the trip began.  In the world of an existential serendipitous there are no legs, no here or there and all is connected and nothing is connected but in your world of the folks building systems in garages and drawing up systems at Denny's or Champ's then and of course now and before and after The Music flowed Through the Wire and Joe while holding court among journalistic heirs gave a plus one to this jester on the idea of a blog for Texas Brisket in Chicago.

From BLUE1647 turn left on 18th and travel a few blocks to Racine.

Honky Tonk BBQ I am told is a jammin' place later at night.  My mission though is a pound to go so I go in through the very non-accessable side entrance.  The brisket I will later learn is in a cardboard box and wrapped plus shrink wrapped.  Still the sweet smell of smoke is making me hungry as I take a bus trip to the loop.  Sliced a bit thin for me and a bit lean to my taste this is still one of three Chicago places I wold not be embarrassed to take a native Texan.











No comments:

Post a Comment