Monday, November 3, 2014

BBQ For All The Others at IBBQA Autumn Smokeout

I did not see any brisket.  I enjoyed this anyway because I had my own brisket three days this week and I have tickets to Houston very soon.

A friend says everyone likes links so I will try to give you a few.

Illinois BBQ Alliance

Honky Tonk BBQ

Chicago q

Barn Burner

2 Skinny Cooks

Stand Up For Kids

Boofhead BBQ

SMOQUE

Sweet Baby Ray

Amazing Ribs Reviews

Bub City

Barn and Company

So maybe a few raised to the few links.  I am sure there were more but they did not get around to talking to this strange old man wandering around this event.

As is often the case this trip began with a trip from The Six Corners to Free Geek Chicago then on down to one of my other favorite six cornered intersections in Chicago.  On the 56 at North constructions keeps you having to watch where to get on and off.  Then the 72 over the river a few blocks to the stop closest to Joe's Bar.

Other than what you can see from the pictures of so many of BBQ's class acts being there and which I have tried to link to it was a pleasure to meet new folks, see folks from last year and meet the Stand Up For Kids folks.  A real treat talking to Lee Ann Whippen of Chicago Q who has entertained us on TV BBQ shows and Willie Wagner who entertains us out of his Pilsen based Honky Tonk BBQ.

Music was fun as well but I do not know who those guys are.





















No comments:

Post a Comment