Thursday, March 6, 2014

Seafood from Frank's on Irving Park

Now tell me if I am understanding the concept right.  On Fat Tuesday you are supposed to give up something you may be addicted to.  So I decided to give up Gumbo.  Tuesday being seafood day at our house and knowing I would have to find something to fill the nutritional need for cold water fish and that I might lose my tongue and my cheek I went to meditate at City News Cafe.



The night before my mind had gone off on one of it's side tracks.  I have a block of time between three and five pm on Tuesdays that if I am not cooking Gumbo I could be hosting a Meetup to build community among anyone who might be interested in tech stuff in my little neck of the woods.  On this particular Tuesday it being Fat Tuesday a test run for logistics and the afore mentioned  meditation was in order.  Madi Gras Radio on XM was playing and having my spirit refreshed I walked down to Frank's Chicago Shrimp on Irving Park.

This is a takeout place serving lots of fried seafood quickly.  We got half a pound each of Chicago Style Gulf Shrimp, Scallops, Fish Chips and Frog Legs along with an order of Onion Rings.


Cheryl says you can taste the gulf in the shrimp.  I had a frog leg, scallop and onion ring for breakfast the next morning.  They have a couple of nice red sauces but we make our own tarter sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment