Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Cheesecake

I know most folks would never guess it but I am an introvert.  Occasionally I do take time out from everything.  I did not even want to talk but one of my Aunts made everyone quit guessing what I wanted.  So anyway this is a much more general procedure as winter approaches we squirrels are busy hiding nuts.  In my case it is more like nuts hiding squirrels.  Most of the meats and veggies are in so that if we are snowed in for a while I can wall off a section for natural storage and I have charcoal for my smokers should it come to that.  I decided I needed more towels, a new air mattress, cheesecake and to smoke a good cigar.  Did not make it to Utopia.  Schedule to Target went well for the first two.  Then to catch the Montrose bus.  Predictive analysis, iBeacons, interbus communications, something has to give.  I already schedule my trips to avoid all k-12 in the afternoon.  Now I know to avoid trips on buses that go by CCCs.  The new bus they made so much noise about seems to run empty while half of a college climbs on real public transport.  Not that many CTA drivers are not already as batty as me but this seems to have been amplified on the Montrose buses.  But to Eli's I must go.  First 78 pulls away as I walk up even though she sees me.  Second bus is bunched so decides I should ride the third which of course will wait at the stop it is early getting to.  It does get me to Eli's though thirty minutes later than the one who ran when they say a rider coming.  Not for any cheesecake mind you but for No Sugar Added cheesecake made with Splenda.  I really wanted like a case of single serves.  They had no single serves.  They had six pies which I was about to my buy until I realized they were imperfections.  I am imperfect enough with my cheesecake being imperfect.  Kristina was really no help and actually seemed please that she could not help and get back to chattering on the phone.  Everyone else scampered when she stared at them as they might dare to help a customer.  Did they not know that if they did that people besides employees might use this retail store and cafe.  Actually a wonderful little place but needs a separate line for employees.  Does anyone remember who the person was that works out of the warehouse and lives around here.  Kristina wants to blast them for suggesting I could find NSA cheesecake at the factory store.  There is a bright spot, maybe.  Joline, though I may have spelled her name incorrectly.  We will say she is VP in charge of smoothing ruffled feathers.  At that point mine were certainly ruffled.  She offered free product.  I declined.  After all she did not have the product I had come for.  She found out they had some at the warehouse and she said they would deliver it.  She offered free again and I declined.  I wanted six.  At that point I forgot I really wanted singles.  She said I could pay for four.  Now I really want singles.  I guess I will have to call and wait for a delivery driver or go out again on the Montrose bus.  Maybe not.

Cakes came today.  Thank you, Joline.




No comments:

Post a Comment