Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Rib Tips from Nicky's

So this might be great time to write a You Can't Always Get What You Want series of post.

Monday I was especially restless so I went for a walk then decided I would ride the Cicero bus as far south as it might take me or until I smelled a good BBQ place.  When I got on the bus I am almost sure it said it was going to 104th but not likely since the 54 does not go that far South.  Maybe another day I will explore the 54B and another the 54A.  For this report though I got to 24th Place and the driver told me if I wanted to go further south I had to go over and catch the 54B.  He seemed to know what he was talking about but the three buses in the turn around did not want to be 54B buses so I walked back north a block and found a place that thinks they sell BBQ.  Cheryl likes rib tips so I ordered a pound.  Counter person said for forty cents more I could get the dinner which comes with fries and slaw.  Cheryl likes both of those as well so the counter person got the upsell.

I think Cheryl liked all of it and I enjoyed most of it as well and this is a real value meal in my book though if I lived around the corner from them I would try to find out when they cook them up fresh because these were your sort of leftover in the oven kind of good which is different from your they just got done kind of good.  Oh I think Cheryl liked these because she left me a tiny serving of slaw and tips while taking the rest to work with her.







No comments:

Post a Comment