Saturday, February 8, 2014

Brisket from Small's

I will not be burying the lead.  This brisket is almost as good as mine.  There are many very fine brisket places in Texas that do not cook brisket this great.  From the taste I would say they do not put a rub on the brisket and let the smoke do the talking.

The trip.  I had been to FreeGeek.  When I leave there I normally just catch the 56 back to Irving Park.  I got to the corner though and realized I would be sliding on a hypotenuse if I did that so I went over and caught the 82 north.  Along the way I noticed how easy it would be to take the 82 to Joong Boo.  At Irving Park I took the 80 east to Albany which is two streets past Kedzie.

Small's is behind Lizard's.



I went in and though I had been here before I looked over the menu board.  I was prepared to buy two of their bbq brisket bibimbap boxes.  I have had that before and it is great as is their fried chicken.  The brisket boxes have kimchi which is the tie in to Joong Boo.  As some may recall though this blogs test case is one pound of smoked brisket.  Brisket by the pound was not on the board but I asked.  I was quoted a very reasonable price so I got my pound.  I chatted with Dan, one of the owners, got my pound and left.






They also have pork brisket so be sure to order accordingly.

The brisket came with some of their tiger sauce.  Their glaze that they put on the brisket that comes in the box is excellent.  The only things that would have made this experience better would have been if they were around the corner and if they had my favorite rub on this brisket.

No comments:

Post a Comment