Saturday, February 22, 2014

Brisket from Smoque 2/21/2014

It has to be done.  Yesterday, 2/21/14, was a beautiful, clear, breezy day in Chicago.  Almost too nice for take home BBQ.  Smoque got the most recommendations in my resent request for recommendations from everyblock users.  Smoque is my go to neighborhood BBQ place and the first place I found in Chicago that had brisket I would bother getting off the train for when we lived in the burbs.  They definitely pass the smell test.  This folks is good BBQ.  If you are from Chicago this may well be your best BBQ brisket in Chicago.  The by the pound price was on the board.

Now for the part I really hate.  Some of this pound really needed sauce.  Luckily it came with a really tasty sauce.  This is Smoque's market understanding at work.  Folks do not want full flavor, full fat, coat the inside of your mouth goodness and even think it is unhealthy.  For me slice me off a chard piece of pure fat and I am ecstatic.

The trip.  80 to 53, 53 to half a block away.  Reverse that to the Jewel and pick up a few things so the smell had me starving.

This is my first post with a date because I am going to make like Douglas MacArthur and Arnold Schwarzenegger.



One pound in the bag


In the box


and on a plate

No comments:

Post a Comment