Monday, January 6, 2014

Being My Own Derelict

Or as my sister might say of me he is doing his thang.

That in terms of this blog will be to stay a hermit a lot of the time and then turning into a whirling dervish or a look alike to Taz.

Brisket will normally be one pound sliced of whatever a place offers.

I am looking for a smoke ring and a bark that even in a sealed container will make anyone close to me salivate.  I want the fat to have been left on and flavored the meat.  I like the fat left on but expect to pay less for a finished product with the fat left on.  This is to me a simple yield to cost ratio.  I expect the meat to be tasty enough that it does not all make it home and we do not get the four nice meals a pound should provide us because we have nibbled at it constantly.  I expect a sauce but should not need it.

I have never met a taco I did not like so reporting on tacos is going to be interesting.  Expect a review of tacos at Rick Bayless joints, Taco Bell, Jack In the Box, box kits and even frozen and nuked.

Today I am a hermit because:












No comments:

Post a Comment