Saturday, January 11, 2014

Tacos at Lomas Verdes

So I am north of Irving Park walking north on Milwaukee.  I pass a law office and think of the Kathy Bates tv series.  Then I come to the costume shop.  I know I have gone to far.  I guess maybe a lot of other people have gone to far... in costume.  So anyway I turn around, I repent, I know the reward is behind me.  I have dined there before.  Today's task though is to try most of their tacos.




So front to back and left to right we have relleno, pork, ground beef, chicken, steak, tongue and avocado.  I think.  To tell you the truth there was little taste difference except for the relleno, chicken and avocado.  I asked for four grilled jalapenos as well and got a cup of pickled jalapenos.  I swear I will need to learn Spanish properly if I continue to insist on eating authentic tacos.  The lettuce was beyond what I would serve.  So on a given day of just wanting a quick meal I would likely have two chicken or tongue tacos or one relleno taco.  On this day our mother of Lomas Verde seemed distracted with helping a young man that best I could understand had made his way in from Bollingbrook and had a promise of work on Adams in El Centro close to the Post Office.  So I got home without red or green sauce but I have plenty of that and until the snow all melts this is a neat place in the hood to grab a hearty meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment