Saturday, January 4, 2014

Brisket from Smoke Daddy's

Here goes the derelict again.  Now I will not mention this all of the time but I did want to mention that it was very comforting when not knowing for sure if we had walked in the right direction that I caught the distinctive whiff of what is distinctive to a bbq place.  That smell was nice as was the greeter and the warmth of the kitchen.


This brisket was very enjoyable at Smoke Daddy's as a sandwich and I found the atmosphere there one I would enjoy for a date night or to watch a sporting event.  They have an apple cider, mustard and sweet sauce.  The sweet sauce is closest to my preferred hickory flavored and brown sugar sauces.  I have reasons for avoiding sugar now but this little bit did not cause me any problems.  The container you see is larger than needed for the one pound of sliced brisket that I plan to use as my normal sample.  There was a covering of plastic wrap as well as the lid.  It was brought to me first sitting as it is and wrapped and covered in a normal grocery size brown bag with handles.  There were ample samples of each sauce as well.  We asked for a larger bag so it could sit flat on the bottom of the bag.  Luckily we also had a bag of tacos that made up the rest of the bottom and would keep it from shifting during our trip home on the buses and 'L'.  The greeter gave me directions on how to walk to the 'L' but also thankfully said yes the bus would take us there.  On that trip there were no hints of smoked meat smells.


As you can see the brisket is sliced thin not pulled and there is a slight smoke ring.  I did not taste any overt spices.  I enjoyed it reheated with the sauce.

The sandwich was on the menu but I needed to ask for the price of the brisket by the pound.  The waitress quoted me half what it should have been and did not get huffy when I said 'no, I do not think so'.  She checked and was attentive but not hovering the entire time we were there.  Worthy of her full tip which we paid on that eaten in and on the takeout.  The pound was sixteen dollars which I have found to be in the middle of normal for the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment